There have been quite a lot of new wedding trends for 2024 and it is understandable why with all of the fast-moving trends and fashion-forward couples who appreciate design.
The goal of wedding planning should be to create a day that is uniquely you—one that does not feel like every other wedding your guests have attended to.
There are many modern wedding trends in 2024 that can help you create a day that suits you, so you can pick the ones that fit your vision of a dreamy, personalized celebration that still feels new and exciting.
6 Modern Wedding Trends
- Puff Sleeves
- Acrylic Wedding Stationary
- Mismatched Bridesmaids Dresses
- Statement Details
This trend has successfully combined ’80s vibes with fairy-tale fashion and a cottage-core aesthetic – puff-sleeved wedding gowns!
There was a time in recent history when the strapless neckline was popular for wedding gowns. And, while it’s still a great look, there’s something about a sleeve.
Puff sleeves can be exaggerated and over-the-top, or understated and elegant– whichever suits your style, there is certainly something for everyone.
Some examples include:
- Off-the-Shoulder Puff Sleeves
- Princess Puff Sleeves
- Short Wedding Dress with Puff Sleeves
- Fairy-Tale Puff Sleeves
- Short and Long Puff Sleeves
Patterns and prints are becoming increasingly popular as a way for couples to personalize their weddings and that is why it is a modern wedding trend in 2024.
They add an extra element of style and sophistication, and this is a surefire way to make an impression without going too far.
The best part about incorporating prints and patterns into your wedding décor is that there are so many options– there are plenty of designs to choose from if you want a classic, elegant wedding theme or a quirky, contemporary style.
You can achieve completely different effects by varying the size, dimensions, and frequency with which you use prints or patterns in your décor.
The following are some of the advantages of incorporating prints and patterns into your wedding design:
- It is one of the simplest ways to add texture and interest to your décor.
- Certain prints are standard representations of themes, and this is a simple way to achieve the desired vibe for your wedding. Spring flowers, for example, emphasize garden celebrations, and using this print in your décor can instantly create the appropriate ambience at your venue.
- It is easier to mix and match colours around a pattern or print than it is to use a single colour, which requires more precise matching of elements.
- When it comes to pattern and print, a little goes a long way. You can make a strong statement by using prints and patterns sparingly.
- Prints allow you to keep your base colour simple while adding accents to your wedding theme in a fun way.
Acrylic Wedding Stationary
Acrylic is a transparent plastic material with a stiff texture and a clear appearance. The material is suitable for wedding-day details such as invitations, signage, and so on.
This is a modern wedding trend in 2024 that couples are absolutely loving, and as a modern wedding stylist, I do too!
They can look so sleek and it may be the minimalist option you’ve been looking for to stand out. They truly look beautiful and are less likely to get damaged in any way.
Aside from the invitation, the RSVP card is one of the most important components of any wedding invitation suite. With acrylic, the design looks clean and beautiful and a lovely, modern idea is to have metal foil letters on them.
You can simply choose a template and personalize it with your wedding day information. If you’re feeling particularly tech-savvy, you can even order it with a QR code!
We all want to be more sustainable, so why not start with the smallest details on your wedding day?
Eco-friendly wedding favours are a modern wedding trend in 2024 and there are numerous options available.
- Plantable favours, such as seed packets with biodegradable eco-paper.
- Tree planting kits.
- Beeswax candles.
- Ask your guests to donate to a charity of your choice by announcing the good deed on their menu cards, which is a current modern wedding trend.
You could always go the extra mile and rent a wedding gown.
I love the idea that such a beautifully designed gown will not be hidden away in a cupboard for the rest of its life but will be used for many more magical moments to come!
By doing these small things, you can help to reduce your environmental impact and make your wedding more sustainable.
Mismatched Bridesmaids Dresses
Mismatched bridesmaids’ dresses are becoming a lot more popular so couples can add pops of colour and allow for individuality!
A great way to implement this trend is to select a colour palette and allow each bridesmaid to choose a dress in that colour.
For example, if the bride chooses a dusty rose colour, each bridesmaid could wear a pink dress, such as a canyon rose. This results in a unified look while still allowing for individual expression.
Also, you could pick one colour and have each bridesmaid wear a different shade of that colour.
For example, if you want a blue colour scheme, one bridesmaid could wear a dusty blue dress and another could wear a windsor blue dress.
Statement details are a modern wedding trend in 2024 because more couples want to add pops of featured design and personality.
Here are some examples:
- Add a pop of colour and interest to your space with a variety of mix-and-match chairs if you’ve chosen a blank canvas wedding venue.
- You could hire a variety of eclectic chairs in a variety of styles and colours – your guests will appreciate the unique touch, and they will easily transform any venue.
- Tolix chairs are an excellent choice for an industrial-inspired statement wedding, and they can instantly add a modern edge to your ceremony.
- Edgy lighting can make a big impact at your wedding ceremony. Drape light bulbs in varying heights from your wedding venue’s beams give a modern and stylish look.
- Oversized draped curtains make a bold statement at a wedding ceremony, but they are also undeniably elegant. They are appropriate for any wedding venue.
- Incorporate a variety of other decorations and details.
Are you ready to create your modern wedding?
Now you know the modern wedding trends in 2024 you can go away and plan the feel and look for your wedding day, with style.
If you need help with it all, I am a modern wedding planner and stylist. Get in touch here!
Cover Image by Sarah-Kate Murphy Photography